Cycling is an excellent way to relax in nature, exercise, and an increasingly popular way to travel to work. Unfortunately, as more and more people sit down not bicycles, the number of accidents and injuries increases. The government road safety association notes an increase of 16% in fatal accidents involving cyclists, while the number of fatal accidents involving other motor vehicles is declining. Unfortunately, accidents involving bicyclists happen daily, often leading to serious injuries and even death. If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident, then perhaps the most important thing to do after receiving medical care is contacting us, Philadelphia’s lawyers for bicycle crashes.
Let KaplunMarx help you. And remember that you do not need to pay anything until we win your case.
Who is guilty?
Determining the culprit in an accident involving a bicyclist is difficult. We need to find out whose actions led to the accident, medical conditions, insurance information and many other factors that may play a role after the incident. Every case of an accident involving a cyclist is unique, and our investigators can conduct a thorough examination of the scene, interview witnesses, receive police reports, draw an expert to reconstruct the accident and do all the other actions necessary to settle the case in your favor.
One important point to remember is that bicycles in the state of Pennsylvania are considered vehicles. This means that cyclists have the same rights and duties as drivers of motor vehicles. They must obey the road signs; stop at the red light to skip pedestrians. This is important in determining the guilty party in the case.
Protect your rights
After an accident involving a bicyclist, you have to answer many calls from interested insurance companies. To maximize the amount of your claim, we strongly recommend that you do not talk to them until you talk to a lawyer. The insurance company, yours or your opponent, will always pursue their interests. Insurers are well aware that after an accident people are often too excited, and try to take advantage of their defenseless condition.
Do not say or sign anything with the insurance company after an accident. ALWAYS FIRST WRITE WITH THE ATTORNEY!
What rights do you have?
Victims of a bicycle accident are entitled to full compensation for all financial losses incurred due to negligence of others. This means that you can expect to receive cash compensation for the following:
- All medical expenses for immediate and long-term treatment.
- Loss of salary during absence from work as a result of an accident.
- Decrease the ability to earn money as a result of the limitations of your ability due to a bicycle accident.
- Damage in the form of pain and suffering (physical and emotional suffering)
- Compensation for violent death may include loss of life partner, burial costs and loss of wages.
This compensation can be obtained through the court or settlement of the issue through negotiations. In Philadelphia, claims for car accidents are sometimes settled out of court, but as court attorneys, we always prepare materials for the court, which gives us a lever in negotiating your claims. Insurance companies usually try to get the victim to accept compensation in a smaller amount than is required, and you will not be able to change anything after making an application or settling your claim.
As your lawyer, KaplunMarx will defend your interests before the insurance companies and will ensure that you receive the MAXIMUM POSSIBLE PAYMENT, either through court or extrajudicially.
How fast should I contact a lawyer after a bicycle accident?
The truth is that, after an accident involving a bicyclist, time is your enemy . The evidence at the scene, such as traces of inhibition, may disappear; video from surveillance cameras can be overwritten; witnesses will forget about what happened, or they will not be found; and insurance companies will always try to force you to sign a recorded statement.
DO NOT STAY IN THE FASTER. Talk to an attorney for an accident with the participation of cyclists as soon as possible.
How are we different from others?
What makes us different from other Philadelphia attorneys on bicycle crashes? Attorney Jonathan Marx is a passionate cyclist. Already for 30 years, every weekend he travels through Philadelphia, Montgomery and the Delaware County. As a partner in KaplunMarx, Jonathan uses his knowledge of cycling, legislation on bicyclists and his skills of a high-level legal counsel to get you maximum compensation. For more information on legislation on bicyclists in Philadelphia and surrounding areas, see the Big Philadelphia Cycling Association website .
Attorneys for an accident involving cyclists in Philadelphia from KaplunMarx will be with you at every step along the way.
- We actively represent the victims of bicycle accidents
- We completely investigate your incident, having left on a place, having received reports of police and having reconstructed the accident properly.
- Assessment of injuries – from simple back pain to fractures, concussions and death.
- Our attorneys have extensive knowledge regarding cycling and the applicable laws of Pennsylvania.
- Extensive work experience against the largest insurance companies
- We will make every effort to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation for your bicycle crash.
Bicycle incidents in Philadelphia are often resolved extrajudicially. But we, as judicial attorneys, always prepare materials for the court, which gives us a lever in negotiations regarding your demands . Insurance companies usually try to get the victim to accept compensation in a smaller amount than is required, and you will not be able to change anything after making an application or settling your claim.
Why is our legal company your right choice:
- Personal service : you communicate with your lawyer, not with his assistant. We are always available for personal discussions and questions.
- Knowledge : KaplunMarx lawyers for bodily injuries have extensive knowledge of legislation and all the tricks of insurance companies. We apply our experience so that you receive the maximum compensation in your case.
- Results : KaplunMarx attorneys have already made multi-million payments for their injuries to their clients . In the end, we try to achieve maximum payments for the affected customers. Do not have to take our word for it, find out the customers’ opinion about our law firm ..
We help cyclists injured in road accidents throughout the state of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, 24/7. We are always ready to help you.
Lawyers for personal injury KaplunMarx, Philadelphia