pennsylvania truck accident attorneys
Accidents involving trucks statistically account for nearly 3 times as many serious injury and fatalities as accidents involving regular size cars. Why? Size, weight and speed of these trucks contribute to the severity of these accidents. The nature of truck accidents and the serious injuries involved, make it all the more important to speak with the Pennsylvania truck accident lawyers at KaplunMarx as soon as possible. We will protect your rights and get you top dollar compensation your injuries
Accidents involving trucks statistically account for nearly 3 times as many serious injury and fatalities as accidents involving regular size cars. Why? Size, weight and speed of these trucks contribute to the severity of these accidents. The nature of truck accidents and the serious injuries involved, make it all the more important to speak with the Pennsylvania truck accident lawyers at KaplunMarx as soon as possible. We will protect your rights and get you top dollar compensation your injuries.
When Should You Call A Lawyer After A Truck Car Accident?
The simple truth, after any type of truck accident, time is your enemy. Evidence, such as skid marks or video, can be lost, witnesses forget what happened or can’t be found and insurance companies will try and pin you down for a statement.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers are there for you every step of the way. We will help investigate the cause of your accident, interview witnesses and subpoena evidence, for example phone records, that can help you make your case. In order to recover accident compensation, you must prove the defendant was driving carelessly and caused a crash that harmed you. We will help you to make a compelling case that the other driver should be held liable.
In some cases, there may be multiple defendants who could be responsible for your truck accident and making you whole. For example, if your airbags or other vehicle parts malfunctioned and caused you to suffer worse injuries in a collision, you could potentially sue both the driver that caused the crash and the manufacturer of the vehicle. Truck drivers, manufacturers and the commercial owners may all be held responsible.
Truck Accident Cases Vs. Car Accident Cases
A truck accident and car accident can both result in injury, truck accidents involve regulations that are entirely different than a passenger vehicle (regular cars). This means that there are many issues that are typical of truck accidents that do not apply to other car accidents. Also, there are many other federal rules and regulations that govern the entire trucking industry, but do not apply to passenger vehicles.
Truck accident cases become even more complicated because there are usually large companies and many parties (and insurance companies) involved in the case. There may be legal issues involving workers’ compensation and handling an out-of-state accident. Often times a full reconstruction of the accident must be conducted by an expert, in order to determine exactly what happened and liable parties involved.
Specific Types of Truck Accident Cases Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia Handle
- Tractor-trailer Accident – Accidents involving tractor-trailers, or 18-wheeler’s, are some of the most serious we see. To determine liability in these accidents you need an Attorney who is familiar with this type of case and who will do the investigative legwork that is needed to extract money from all parties responsible for the injury.
- Commercial Vehicle Accident – These vehicles are seen on the streets of Philadelphia on a daily basis, these include delivery trucks, work vans, box trucks etc. Drivers of these commercial trucks need proper training, which they often lack, to make sure they are driving in a safe manor.
- School Bus Accident – While not exactly a truck, these giant yellow buses can cause serious injuries to other drivers and their own passengers. Many of these school buses have outdated technology, and are a hazard on the roadways.
- Garbage Truck Accident – In Philadelphia these monster size garbage trucks are a necessary evil, but because of their size, weight and constant stops (often without consideration for anyone else on the road) can cause serious injuries when involved in an accident.
Type of Compensation Truck Accident Victims Can Get
- Medical – ambulance bill, hospital bill, doctors bill, these add up quickly. Ongoing care, sometimes needed for life is something that may be recoverable.
- Wages – Many people are not able to go back to work and they don’t get a paycheck, we can help pursue a wage loss claim as part of your truck accident case. In the future, you may have ongoing losses if your injury has made it impossible for you to return to your previous job, we can help pursue future wage loss as well.
- Pain and Suffering – This is usually a massive component to a truck accident case and the recovery for an injured person. Damages range from recovery of injury, like concussion, brain injury, post-traumatic stress, anxiety, depression and decreased quality of life. These types of losses cannot easily be quantified by numbers, we have the expertise to bring these injuries to life, getting you maximum recovery for pain and suffering.
- Wrongful Death – The most horrific truck accident result in death, we are here to help pursue a wrongful death claim against the at fault trucking company. There will be many costs to a family, starting with funeral expenses, medical bills incurred before death and the loss of companionship, and future income. A death in a truck accident is the hardest time for the family, we are here to help and you can count on us.
Why We Are The Right Law Firm For You:
- Knowledge – Our Personal Injury Lawyers have the trial experience needed to take on the biggest insurance companies. We know all of the tricks that the insurance company love to play, and we go for none of them. We use our expertise to get you maximum dollars for your truck accident case.
- Personal Service – This is almost unheard of in the personal injury space, you will actually speak to your truck accident lawyer, not an assistant. You will get to know your lawyer and they will get to know your case personally and answer any questions.
- Results – Our results are tremendous and we stand by them, but whats most important to us is how our clients feel about us; don’t take our word for it, check out what our clients have to say about KaplunMarx for yourself.
Helping Truck Accident victims throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey 24/7, we are always there to help.If you have been injured and would like to speak to one of our attorneys, fill out our form or call (610) 660-7780 for 24/7 assistance.
Protect Your Right To Compensation
If you have been injured in any type of accident, you can turn to Pennsylvania personal injury lawyers Ted Kaplun or Jonathan Marx for help obtaining the maximum allowable compensation available to you. We have over 200+ 5-star review for a reason. At KaplunMarx, WE DO NOT BACK DOWN.