Accidents involving trucks, which includes: 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers, dump trucks, box trucks and other commercial vehicles, statistically account for nearly 3 times as many serious injury and fatalities as accidents involving regular size cars. Why? Size, weight and speed of these trucks contribute to the severity of these accidents. The nature of truck accidents and the serious injuries involved, make it all the more important to speak with a Philadelphia Truck Accident Lawyer. We will protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
Let KaplunMarx help you, and remember, YOU PAY NOTHING until we win your case
Truck Accident Cases Vs. Passenger Vehicle Accident Cases
While both types of accidents may result in injury, truck accidents involve regulations that are entirely different than a passenger vehicle – this means that there are many issues that are typical of truck accidents that do not apply to other car accidents. Also, there are many other federal rules and regulations that govern the entire trucking industry, but do not apply to passenger vehicles.
Truck accident cases become even more complicated because there are usually large companies and many parties (and insurance companies) involved in the case. There may be legal issues involving workers’ compensation and handling an out-of-state accident. Often times a full reconstruction of the accident must be conducted by an expert, in order to determine exactly what happened and liable parties involved.
Specific Types of Truck Accident Cases We Handle
- Tractor-trailer Accident – Accidents involving trailers are some of the most serious we see. To determine liability in these accidents you need a Truck Accident Lawyer who will do the investigative legwork that is needed to extract money from all parties responsible for the injury.
- Commercial Vehicle Accident – These vehicles are seen on the streets of Philadelphia on a daily basis, these include delivery trucks, work vans, box trucks etc. Drivers of these commercial trucks need proper training, which they often lack, to make sure they are driving in a safe manor.
- School Bus Accident – While not exactly a truck, these giant yellow buses can cause serious injuries to other drivers and their own passengers. Many of these school buses have outdated technology, and are a hazard on the roadways.
- Garbage Truck Accident – In Philadelphia these monster size garbage trucks are a necessary evil, but because of their size, weight and constant stops (often without consideration for anyone else on the road) can cause serious injuries when involved in an accident.
What Are You Entitled To?
When you or someone you love is hurt in a truck accident in Philadelphia, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical costs, including expenses necessary for ongoing treatment.
- Wage losses, including ongoing losses if your injury has made it impossible for you to return to your previous job.
- Pain, suffering and emotional distress damages, including compensation for post-traumatic stress, anxiety and decreased quality of life.
- Wrongful death damages, including funeral expenses, medical bills incurred before your loved one’s death and the for the loss of future income.
As your attorney, KaplunMarx will fight your corner against the insurance companies and ensure that you receive the highest payment possible, in or out of court.
Our Truck Accident Attorneys are there for you every step of the way. We will help investigate the cause of your accident, interview witnesses and subpoena evidence, for example phone records, that can help you make your case. In order to recover accident compensation, you must prove the defendant was driving carelessly and caused a crash that harmed you. We will help you to make a compelling case that the other driver should be held liable.
In some cases, there may be multiple defendants who could potentially be responsible for compensating you. For example, if your airbags or other vehicle parts malfunctioned and caused you to suffer worse injuries in a collision, you could potentially sue both the driver that caused the crash and the manufacturer of the vehicle. Truck drivers, manufacturers and the commercial owners may all be held responsible.
How Soon Should You Call A Lawyer After A Truck Car Accident?
The simple truth, after a car accident, time is your enemy. Evidence, such as skid marks or video, can be lost, witnesses forget what happened or can’t be found and insurance companies will try and pin you down for a statement.
DON’T LOSE OUT. Talk to a lawyer as soon as possible
Why We Are The Right Law Firm For You:
- Knowledge – The Personal Injury Lawyers at KaplunMarx have a vast knowledge of the law and all of the insurance company tricks, we use our experience to get you maximum dollars for your case.
- Personal Service – Speak to Your lawyer, not an assistant; we are always available to personally go over your case and answer any questions.
- Results – The lawyers at KaplunMarx have gotten Millions of $$$ in awards for our personal injury clients. Bottom line, we look to get top dollar for all of our injury clients; don’t take our word for it – check out what our clients have to say about our Law Firm for yourself.
We help Truck Accident victims throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey 24/7, we are always there to help.
Truck Accident Resources: