Our premises liability law firm handles thousands of premises liability injury cases each year. In fact, premises liability are one of the most common types of personal injury cases. Why? The short answer is because often times people do not take care of their property. This lack of care leads to someone getting hurt through no fault of their own.
After getting hurt the person is then faced with figuring out their medical expense, losing money from being out of work, and don’t forget the pain and suffering. If the person or business entity which owns the property was negligent, and it resulted in your injury, then you may have a viable premises liability case.
Our Premises Liability Cases Results:
There are many different types of premises liability cases that we handle, not just your typical slip and fall cases, below are some of our lawyers stellar case results.
- $3,000,000.00 settlement for construction worker who was impaled on improperly capped re-bar in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- $700,000.00 settlement for a Delaware County, Pennsylvania client who was hurt in a trip and fall accident.
- $650,000.00 settlement for Philadelphia slip and fall client who needed surgery and extensive rehabilitation because of a fall on ice.
- $125,000.00 settlement in a slip and fall case in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania where a missing step runner caused our client to fall, breaking his hand and wrist.
- $110,000.00 verdict in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for a client who tripped over a raised sidewalk causing a fall and serious shoulder injury.
- $72,000.00 verdict in Philadelphia for a negligently maintained premises case.
When Should You Call a Lawyer?
Immediately. We cannot stress it enough, after an accident in which you are hurt, time is of the greatest importance. For example, if you are hurt because you tripped over a broken sidewalk, how important do you think it would be to have pictures of the area where you fell? Wouldn’t it be important to get a witness to write down what they saw on the day of your accident.
Evidence, which is of the utmost importance when trying to prove your premises liability case, has a funny way of disappearing the longer you wait to gather it. Contacting our law firm immediately will allow us to send out investigators to preserve key evidence early in the process. So what are you waiting for, contact us now!
What Doctor Should I See?
We work with some of the most renowned doctors in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey areas, we can suggest a doctor should you need one. This includes a wide range of medical doctors, including, orthopedists, neurologists, pain managements specialists, podiatrists, plastic surgeons, psychiatrists and physiologists to name a few. Through our relationships with these specialists we are able to help get top notch medical care for our clients.
Types of Premises Liability Cases We Handle:
- Slip and Fall: The most common type of personal injury case, when a property owner does not take proper precaution to make sure their premises is safe.
- Trip and Fall: Cousin of the slip and fall, trip and fall are often times caused by something sticking out where it shouldn’t be. No reasonable person would have anticipated the condition on the property – think defective stair case, broken or uneven stairwells.
- Lack of Security: Often involves situations where a criminal activity, i.e. assault, rape or other terrible situations occur. These situations could have been avoided should there have been proper security was put in place.
- Negligent Security: Negligent security is seen a lot at casinos, bars, concerts and other public events. The organizers and/or owners of the property hosting the event needs to have proper security in place. Even when there is adequate security, they also need to have the personnel trained properly.
- Fire: Property owners and property managers need to have proper fire safety equipment installed (i.e. alarm systems, fire extinguishers that work, etc). Fire premises liability cases have some of the worst injuries and even wrongful death.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: If you have a pool you need proper safety equipment, fencing, and trained life guards in place. Additionally, the proper home-owners insurance needs to be purchased if you own a house with a swimming pool.
- Dog Bites: These are not often thought of as a premises liability case, but that’s what a dog bit case is. Keep in mind if you rent a property out to a tenant with a dog you may have liability for a dog bite accident.
- Elevator and Escalator Accidents: Did the property have proper maintenance in place for its elevator’s and escalator’s. Records of all inspections and maintenance need to be reviewed by a lawyer in these types of accident cases.
How Our Premises Liability Attorneys in Pennsylvania Can Help
If you’ve been injured due to negligence while on someone else’s property, you likely have several questions you need answered. Our Pennsylvania premises liability attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. We’ve helped locals get the compensation they need time and time again. If you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers. Contact us today for a free consultation to find out what your options are.