Finding out that your doctor is responsible for a serious health condition is devastating. Most doctors are very good at their jobs and care about their patients, but others are prone to making mistakes that ruin people’s lives. Once your doctor fails you, it can be very difficult to have faith in your decision to turn to a new professional for help. For those in Pennsylvania, we’re here to help with no obligation from you whatsoever. You have questions, our Pennsylvania medical malpractice lawyers want to give you the answers you’re looking for.
Medical Malpractice can be a result of healthcare professional doing things incorrectly, in an inappropriate manner, or failing to do something that would constitute reasonable and customary standards of care and practice. In other words, medical malpractice can be an act or acts of commission or omission. For example, surgical errors, emergency room errors, birth injuries, and failure to diagnose a disease or condition in a timely manner can be considered medical malpractice.
Common Situations Resulting in Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
- Birth Injuries – Birth injury usually results from complications during delivery, although in some cases, medical malpractice is involved.
- Hospital Negligence – If the facility did not perform to an appropriate standard of care, you may have a claim; including clinics, laboratories, pharmacies, medical equipment providers and pharmaceutical companies.
- Failure to Diagnose – Where a doctor should have known that a patient had a life-threatening illness or disease, but did not diagnose this illness or disease properly, he may have acted negligently in acting below the standard of care required of doctors.
- Cancer Misdiagnosis – If cancer is not diagnosed early, the consequences can be tragic from drastic forms of treatment such as higher dosages of radiation to even wrongful death. Some common types of cancer which are often misdiagnosed include breast cancer, colon cancer, and even lung cancer.
DON’T LOSE OUT. Talk to a lawyer as soon as possible
Complex Medical Malpractice Issues And How They Affect You
Cases which involve Medical Malpractice are often complicated because there are often a number of health professionals involved in a patient’s care and there is the challenge of determining who may actually be at fault, which involves disputes with multiple insurance companies. If the medical malpractice involves a hospital and/or a surgical procedure, there is often a chain of command that makes this determination even more difficult.
Compensation You Can Receive For Medical Malpractice
With over 25+ years of combined experience the Lawyers at KaplunMarx, PLLC are not afraid to take on the largest insurance companies and handle the most complex medical malpractice cases. When you retain the Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers at KaplunMarx, you will be represented by lawyers with vast knowledge of medical law and the insurance industry that will allow us to obtain maximum recovery for your injuries, whether by negotiating a settlement or taking your case to trial, our focus is getting the best results for our clients.
As your attorney, KaplunMarx will fight your corner against the insurance companies and ensure that you receive the highest payment possible, in or out of court.
What Are You Entitled To?
Damages that a Medical Malpractice victim and the victim’s family may be entitled to include:
- Hospital expenses, medical expenses and doctor bills
- Loss of earnings, past and future
- Permanent physical disability, for example: limp(s), scar(s), loss of a limb(s)
- Emotional distress, for example: depression and anxiety; grief and emotional suffering caused by the death of a loved one
- Loss of love and companionship caused by the death of a loved one
- Damage or destruction of property
- Pain and suffering
- Pre-existing condition (such as an old back injury) aggravated, causing greater pain and suffering than before
- Loss of quality of life
- Other awards, depending on the seriousness of the injuries and their short-term and long-term consequences
At times an injury does not appear serious at first, but may continue to cause pain and disability. The Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers at KaplunMarx, PLLC will work thoroughly to investigate what went wrong and negotiate settlement or proceed to trial to obtain the compensation you deserve.
As your attorney, KaplunMarx will fight your corner and ensure that you receive the highest payment possible, in or out of court.
How We Help Medical Malpractice Victims Get Their Lives Back On Track
- Personal Service –Speak to Your lawyer, not an assistant; we are always available to personally go over your case and answer any questions.
- Knowledge – The Personal Injury Lawyers at KaplunMarx have a vast knowledge of the law and all of the insurance company tricks, we use our experience to get you maximum dollars for your case.
- Results –The lawyers at KaplunMarx have gotten Millions of $$$ in awards for our personal injury clients. Bottom line, we look to get top dollar for all of our injury clients; don’t take our word for it – check out what our clients have to say about our Law Firm for yourself.
We help Medical Malpractice victims throughout Pennsylvania 24/7, we are always here to help answer your questions and assist you.
If you have been injured and would like to speak to one of our attorneys, fill out our form or call (610) 660-7780 for 24/7 assistance.