SEPTA is a vital part of Philadelphia’s transport infrastructure. If you are a passenger, driver of another car, bike rider, or pedestrian who has been injured in a SEPTA bus accident you need a law firm that understands the intricacies of dealing with SEPTA. The Philadelphia SEPTA bus accident lawyers at KaplunMarx have extensive experience going up against SEPTA and getting top dollar results for victims of accidents.
What To Do If You’re In a SEPTA Accident
When a SEPTA accident happens there are usually a large number of people who are panicking because of what just happened – don’t panic! The following tips will help you get through this traumatic experience:
- Get medical attention, first and foremost,
- Ask the SEPTA driver for a form to report your injuries,
- If the Police come to the scene, note any DC numbers,
- Gather all the information you can, including the SEPTA drivers name, and/or license plate info from any other drivers involved in the accident,
- Get names, number and address of any witnesses to the accident,
- Note the route your are on, and the time, bus number, and place of the accident,
- Take pictures of the scene,
- Explain all injuries at the Emergency Room and/or your Doctor.
All of these tips will help your SEPTA Bus Accident Lawyer to give you best representation possible.
Let KaplunMarx help you, and remember, YOU PAY NOTHING until we win your case
Other Bus Accidents
While SEPTA in the most common carrier in Philadelphia, other bus companies operate in the Pennsylvanian and New Jersey area, such as Greyhound, Mega Bus, school buses, and others – KaplunMarx handles those bus accident cases as well. The sheer weight and speed of these big buses can often causes serious injury and devastating consequences including life altering injuries, loss of work, loss of income, and huge medical bills.
What Are You Entitled To?
That really depends on a lot of factors, including, who was at fault, how bad are your injuries, and who you can pursue legal action against (and whether sovereign immunity rules apply). Damages after a SEPTA bus crash may include:
- All medical expenses for immediate and continuing treatment
- Loss of wages for any time away from work as a result of the accident
- Reduction in earning potential resulting from limitations on your ability to work due to the bicycle crash
- Pain and Suffering damages for physical as well as emotional distress
- Wrongful death compensation can include loss of companionship in addition to funeral expenses and loss of wages.
DON’T LOSE OUT. Talk to a lawyer as soon as possible
In Philadelphia and the surrounding counties SEPTA operates buses, trolleys, subways, and the Regional Rail – what that means is that there are a huge number of commuters that take SEPTA transportation on a daily basis. Generally, this is a safe mode of travel, but there are still times when accidents happen. That’s when you need a SEPTA bus accident lawyer (or SEPTA train accident lawyer) to protect your rights.
DO NOT say anything or sign anything from an insurance company after a bus accident. ALWAYS TALK TO A LAWYER FIRST!
How We Win Bus Accident Cases
The most important factor needed to win a bus accident case is proving negligence. What that means in that you need to show that the bus was negligent in a way that caused you harm. You can show negligence by demonstrating a breach of safety laws or unreasonable carelessness in the way that the vehicle was driven.
The bus driver may have been negligent in the crash, which would potentially make the driver, and the entity employing him, responsible for your losses. Other parties besides the bus driver could also potentially be responsible for your injury. If another vehicle struck the bus and caused the crash, you could pursue a claim for damages from that driver. If there was a problem with the bus or train and its parts, the manufacturer of the vehicle could be held accountable for losses.
The most important call you make after getting medical attention is the bus accident law firm of KaplunMarx – we know what it takes to win a bus accident cases.
As your attorney, KaplunMarx will fight your corner against the transport companies and ensure that you receive the highest payment possible, in or out of court.
What Will We Do For You?
After your accident, it is important to find a knowledgeable and compassionate car accident lawyer. Here at KaplunMarx we have extensive experience representing clients injured in a variety of different motor vehicle crash situations including:
Our bus accident attorneys are there for you every step of the way. We will help investigate the cause of your accident, interview witnesses and subpoena evidence, for example phone records, that can help you make your case.
Why We Are The Right Law Firm For You:
- Personal Service – Speak to Your lawyer, not an assistant; we are always available to personally go over your case and answer any questions.
- Knowledge – The Personal Injury Lawyers at KaplunMarx have a vast knowledge of the law and all of the insurance company tricks, we use our experience to get you maximum dollars for your case.
- Results – The lawyers at KaplunMarx have gotten Millions of $$$ in awards for our personal injury clients. Bottom line, we look to get top dollar for all of our injury clients; don’t take our word for it – check out what our clients have to say about our Law Firm for yourself.
We help Bus Accident victims throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey 24/7, we are always there to help
Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorneys KaplunMarx