- Montgomery County personal injury attorney Jonathan D. Marx is a founding partner at KaplunMarx. With over thirty years of personal injury experience, he has prevailed for hundreds of clients in personal injury negotiations and courtroom trials.
- Personal injury attorney Ted Kaplun is also a founding partner at KaplunMarx. His extensive legal background makes him a knowledgeable, effective advocate for the injured victims of negligence in the Montgomery County area.
- Attorney Ashley Killeen joined the KaplunMarx team in 2017. After graduating from St. Joseph’s University, attorney Ashley Killeen earned her J.D. from the Widener University School of Law in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Every attorney on the KaplunMarx legal team has received a 10.0 rating – the highest possible rating – from Avvo.com, the national legal rating service.
Injured by Another Person’s Negligence? We Can Help
If you’ve been suddenly and accidentally injured by another person’s negligence, who can help? How will your unexpected medical expenses be paid? If you are out of work for a few weeks, how will your regular monthly bills be paid? If you’re a single parent, who will watch your kids?
And if you have been catastrophically injured – or permanently disabled in an accident of any kind in or near Montgomery County – how will you pay for the years of medical treatment, surgeries, therapy, and rehabilitation that a permanently disabling injury will require?
In Montgomery County and throughout Pennsylvania, the injured victims of negligence turn to the experienced personal injury lawyers at KaplunMarx. More than two hundred ex-clients have given the KaplunMarx legal team five-star ratings on Google and Yelp review pages.
What Are Your Rights if You’re Injured by Negligence?
If you’ve been injured by another person’s negligence – a distracted driver, a careless property owner, or a negligent healthcare provider, for example – the law entitles you to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, personal pain and suffering, and all other damages.
However, the mere fact that an accident occurred and that you were injured will not be sufficient to prevail with a personal injury claim. The “plaintiff” – that is, the injury victim – must prove that the other party – the “defendant” – caused the injury or injuries through negligent behavior.
A personal injury plaintiff and his or her attorney also must document the extent of the personal injury or injuries so that an appropriate compensation figure can be determined.
When an injury is catastrophic – or results in permanent disability – an injury victim must be represented by an experienced personal injury attorney who understands what it takes to win the maximum available compensation for a client – and who will fight for it aggressively.
What Can the Victims of Negligence Expect to Receive?
If you are injured by another person’s negligence in Montgomery County – or anywhere in the greater Philadelphia region – a personal injury lawyer at KaplunMarx will help you obtain:
- Compensation for Medical Expenses: The injured victims of negligence are entitled by law to complete compensation for all of their current and future injury-related medical costs for as long as medical treatment, surgeries, rehabilitation, or therapy is needed.
- Compensation for Lost Wages: When an accident causes permanent incapacitation, an attorney at KaplunMarx can help you calculate how much income you will lose and will fight on your behalf for full compensation for your lost income and earning capacity.
- Compensation for Pain and Suffering: You’ll have receipts for medical bills, and your employer can confirm your lost wages. “Non-economic” damages are more difficult to prove, but KaplunMarx will fight for compensation for your personal pain and suffering.
Don’t Accept a Quick Settlement Offer – Here’s Why
In many personal injury cases, the negligent party will try to settle an injury claim quickly and without going to court. However, a quick settlement offer is almost always a low settlement offer for an amount that is considerably less than your personal injury claim will be worth.
Never negotiate a claim directly with an insurance company. Your lawyer is an experienced negotiator who routinely brings the claims of clients to their best possible resolution. Most claims are settled out-of-court, so most injury victims of never have to make a court appearance.
The personal injury attorneys at KaplunMarx will settle for nothing less than the full value of your personal injury claim. If an out-of-court settlement is not possible, a KaplunMarx attorney will take your case to trial and ask jurors to order the payment of your compensation.
What Kinds of Cases Does Kaplunmarx Handle?
For over three decades, the personal injury attorneys at Kaplun Marx have represented clients in cases that arise from:
- automobile, SUV, truck, and bus accidents
- bicycle, train, and pedestrian accidents
- slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accidents
- dog bites, swimming pool accidents, and other premises liability cases
- workplace injuries including construction injuries and workers’ compensation claims
- incidents of medical malpractice
- cases of wrongful death
What Does Justice Cost?
If a personal injury is keeping you away from your job, and if your medical bills are mounting quickly along with your monthly obligations, can you afford to hire an experienced Montgomery County personal injury attorney? The answer to that question is absolute “Yes.”
If you are an injured victim of negligence, your first legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer at KaplunMarx is provided at no cost and with no obligation. An attorney can determine if you have grounds for legal action and will recommend the best way to proceed with your case.
When a KaplunMarx personal injury lawyer represents you, it means that you pay no lawyer’s fee until and unless you are compensated. The contingent fee system in Pennsylvania and New Jersey lets every injury victim – modest as well as the affluent – have a fair day in court.
If You’ve Been Injured by Negligence, Call Kaplunmarx Right Now
It’s impossible to guess what compensation you may receive without knowing more about the details of your case. What you can be sure of, however, is that an attorney at KaplunMarx will fight hard to ensure that you receive every dollar of the compensation that you are entitled to.
Call us to learn more. Our main office is in downtown Philadelphia at 1515 Market Street, Suite #1200. We also have offices in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania, and in Marlton, New Jersey. Call KaplunMarx today at (610) 660-7780 or contact us online to learn more about how we can help.